I blinked and somehow missed the past year. It feels like it went by so fast, and then when I stop and reflect, there are so many memories and events that marked 2016 as one of the best and hardest years so far. From celebrating the birth of my niece to sleepless, worried nights, it was a roller coaster of a year.
So, without further delay, how’s 2017 shaping up?
- Continue to live with intention and always try to find purpose.
- Focus on health and fitness.
- I began building strength in 2016. I’ll continue that in 2017 and bring cardio/running back to priority one.
- Work / Life balance. This is my ongoing struggle, but I can’t stumble through it anymore. I must find this balance; no longer live with a thin margin (even if that means giving up some things).
- Family is a bigger priority.
- Visit more. Listen more.
- Be a better wife and support him however I can.
- Be the best Fur Mama I can be.
- Learn something new.
- Spend less, save more.
- Write, write, write! (And read!)
- Be good to myself.
- Grant myself room to grow and grace to fall.
2016 Recap & Highlights
- Fitness focus (as Oprah says, “let’s make this the year of our best body”).
- Now that all the extra weight is off, I want to rebuild the strength lost over the past 2 years.
- Get my training mile pace back to the 8:40 range and run a 5K in less than 27 minutes.
I held on to 50% of this one. While I grew stronger overall, my pace never got back to 8:40/mile.
- Live with intention and purpose.
- Continue the personal growth I started in 2014 and have built on through 2015. Good things are happening, people!
I held onto this as much as possible in 2016. While I wasn’t always successful, overall I feel like I stayed true to this.
- Be an awesome auntie!
I tried, but I don’t feel like I was as awesome as I should have been. In 2017, I’m going to continue and try even harder.
- Keep writing! While my personal journals saw no improvement, I’m proud to say my blogging in 2015 was significantly better than any year before. (No month-long hiatuses.)
I did a lot better in 2016, but fell off in the fall/winter (lots of personal things and holidays happening…)
- Read more. So much more. I have books and magazines just waiting for my attention, and I want to read them all.
Yep, nope, this didn’t happen. Those books and magazines are still waiting for my attention.
- Start and complete at least six DIY projects at the house (big and small).
Did I make six…
- Painted den and foyer
- Added board and batten in the first floor bath; painted it (twice)
- Revitalized a Singer sewing machine base
- Completed our deck (stain)
- Painted our new shed (not as fun a project, but it still took some elbow grease, so it counts!)
- Be good to myself.
I tried. And will continue trying in 2017.